Reserve and register your pilgrimage
Getting started with Pilgrim Paths is easy. Once you’ve chosen your pilgrim itinerary and date there is a four-step process:
- Read the Terms and Conditions so you understand how our system works.
- Reserve your pilgrimage by making a 30% deposit of the per-person-double-occupancy cost. You can do this by check, money order, wire transfer or (with a service fee) by using our online portal. The single supplement fee will be invoiced later, if necessary.
- After you send in your deposit, plan to purchase travel insurance for your trip. We make it easy by working with highly-rated Allianz. You can find more information and get your rate quote here.
- Fill out the Reservation Form either online or by downloading the printable pilgrim-paths-registration-form. This provides us details of your name, address, passport data, and other important information. We follow up by contacting you and working with you directly on the preparations needed for your walk.
- By the date required, send in your final payment. Once we’ve received it we complete your booking, reserve your accommodations and get everything ready for your successful and enjoyable pilgrimage walk.
To pay your deposit by check, money order or wire transfer
A deposit of 30% is required in order to reserve your place. Costs are in Euros and are based on check, money order or wire transaction. The amount of each trip’s deposit is:
- Florence to Assisi (September 3-19, 2017) €892.50 deposit. Total price €2,975 ppdo, add €680 for single supplement.
- Assisi to Rome (September 19-October 5, 2017) €856.50 deposit. Total price €2,855 ppdo, add €600 single supplement.
Because we are headquartered in the U.S. we receive mail-in deposits in U.S. dollars (USD) only. Exchange rates vary on a daily basis, so please use the Google Finance currency calculator to determine the amount in dollars (USD) for your check, money order or wire transfer. Then send your check or money order to:
10002 Aurora Ave N
Suite 36, PMB 184
Seattle WA 98133-9348 U.S.A.
You will receive a receipt in the mail. Make sure you’ve filled out the registration form and returned it to us by mail or completed the online registration form.
Please contact us for information about how to arrange a wire transfer. Thank you!
To pay your deposit online (U.S. and all other countries):
Pilgrims Paths uses the highly rated PayPal online payment portal which charges a fee of 2.9% on all credit card transactions. We pass this fee on to our online purchasers at our cost. For U.S. and other non-European countries the online store automatically converts your home currency into Euros for payment. The prices in Euros, including the online transaction fees are noted below. Click on the “Buy Now” button to make your instant reservation.
- Florence to Assisi (September 3-19, 2017) €918.38 online reservation deposit. Due to a health-related cancellation we are pleased to announce that we have a single opening for this itinerary.
- Assisi to Rome (September 19-October 5, 2017) €881.34 online reservation deposit. Please note that this itinerary is now fully booked and we are only accepting participants on our waiting list at the present time.
Fill out the Registration Form
Once your deposit has been paid you must register your pilgrimage with us. Register online here, or download and fill in the pilgrim-paths-registration-form and either email it or mail it to us. The Registration Form includes important questions about passport information, emergency contact numbers, and much more and must be completed no later than 90 days prior to departure.
After your registration form is received you will receive a packing list and guidelines for preparation. We will make a personal phone call to check with you on your training and other preparations and to offer advice as needed for travel arrangements to your starting point.
Make your final payment:
Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure and includes the remaining 70% of the “per person double occupancy” fee. The “single supplement” fee will be added if no roommate has been identified. An invoice will be sent no later than 120 days prior to departure. An online portal for final payments will be accessible by January 1, 2017.
Final payment amounts and due dates are:
- Florence to Assisi (September 3-19, 2017) €2,082.50 final payment due June 5, 2017.
- Single supplement (if applicable): €680.00
- Assisi to Rome (September 19-October 5, 2017) €1,998.50 final payment due June 21, 2017.
- Single supplement (if applicable): €600.00
Terms and Conditions
At registration, all participants must affirm that they have read and understood the Terms and Conditions listed below:
Nature of Pilgrimage and Accommodations: Pilgrim Paths organizes religious and cultural travel itineraries in the pilgrimage walking tradition. Accommodations are based on double occupancy and these itineraries will utilize 4-star hotels or agriturismos of good quality or the next best available accommodation. Given the remote geography of many of our walks, accommodations sometimes will be in the 2-3 star range if no 4-star equivalent is available.
Participant Responsibilities: As a member of a Pilgrim Path walking group you have responsibility to Pilgrim Paths and to other group members, including:
- Selecting a walk appropriate to your interests and abilities and being in sufficient good health and fitness to do the walk. If you have any medical or physical conditions that are likely to affect your capability to do this walk, or adversely affect the experience of other participants, you must submit a letter from your medical doctor stating that you are capable of participating in this walk.
- Preparing for your walk by reading all the information on the website and material sent to you by Pilgrim Paths, especially that relating to the daily walking stages, accommodation, transport and the role of the Group Leader.
- Respecting the other members in your group, especially the Group Leader, as well as the laws, customs, traditions and politics of the areas visited.
At the Group Leader’s discretion, a member may be asked to leave the group if the leader feels that the person´s further participation may be detrimental to other group members or to the individual.
Passports and Visas: Participants must carry with you a valid passport with the necessary Visa if required. Any information from Pilgrim Paths regarding visa applications is only a guideline. The participant is responsible for all necessary visa and legal documentations, noting that European Union (Schengen) visa requirements apply and may vary depending on the country of origin.
Price: The published price per person includes ground transportation as published on the itinerary (usually from starting point to ending point of the walk only); luggage transfer service; lodging (per person at double-occupancy); breakfast and dinner each day; and the presence of a tour leader. The price does not include airfare, one meal per day (estimate $15 day), tips for driver and leader (if applicable), recommended travel insurance, personal expenses, or anything not expressly stated on the itinerary.
Payment Information: A deposit of 30% is required to secure a reservation and $500 is non-refundable but transferrable to another Pilgrim Paths itinerary. The final payment is due 90 days prior to departure. Payment can be made by e-commerce site (with additional fees), personal check or money order. Trip prices and costs are listed in Euros.
Cancellations: If you cancel 90 days or more before departure, all payments will be refunded except $300 of your deposit (which is transferrable to another trip with Pilgrim Paths). If the cancellation is made fewer than 90 days before departure, the following non-refundable charges are added to the $300 withheld by Pilgrim Paths:
- 15% 31-90 days before departure
- 25% 15- 30 days
- 50% 8- 14 days
- 75% 4- 7 days
- 90% up to 3 days
- 100% at less than 3 days, no-show, interruption
These mandatory charges are included in order to cover the cost to Pilgrim Paths of subcontractors who have required advance payment in order to confirm bookings.
Once issued, airline tickets are usually non-refundable, and refunds would be determined by the specific airline. Note that our pilgrimage walks require a minimum of eight paying participants. Pilgrim Paths may cancel a pilgrimage if there are insufficient registrations or if other circumstances warrant. If a pilgrimage is cancelled by Pilgrim Paths, all payments will be refunded. However, if a participant cancels individually before Pilgrim Paths officially cancels, refunds for that person will be based on the above criteria. We strongly recommend trip insurance. Note that the published price is based on a minimum of eight paying participants; with less than eight paying, the price could be adjusted accordingly.
Health: Please note that this is a hiking trip; walking levels will be between 10-15 miles or more per day on sometimes mountainous terrain occasionally with steep and slippery uphill and downhill trail conditions. If a participant has any health conditions that make hiking difficult or dangerous, we require full disclosure to Pilgrim Paths. Our firm cannot accept liability for food ingested by participants with life-threatening food allergies or sensitivities. Any participant who has adverse health conditions (including psychological/mental), must inform his/her doctor of their intention to participate in this hiking tour and submit a letter from his/her medical doctor stating that he/she is capable of fully participating in the pilgrimage. Pilgrim Paths and suppliers contracted for services reserve the right to refuse to accept or retain any person whose behavior or health conditions are deemed likely to affect the smooth operations of the tour, or adversely affect the enjoyment or safety of other participants. Pilgrim Paths, its agents, and suppliers shall be under no liability to any such person for refund, compensation, repatriation or any other matters arising thereof.
Group leader: If health or family emergency causes the scheduled group leader to be unavailable, a suitable substitute will be arranged. Pilgrim Paths will make optional tours available to participants in cases where Italian law requires a registered “tour guide” and where the historic, religious or cultural setting warrants one. Optional tours are at participant expense unless specifically noted.
Disclosure Notice: Pilgrim Paths cannot accept responsibility for actions and/or service of independent contractors involved, i.e. air carrier, bus company, taxi, hotel, tour leaders, guides, etc. Pilgrim Paths reserves the right to cancel a pilgrimage if there are insufficient participants registered, in which case a refund of monies paid Pilgrim Paths will be granted to all participants. Pilgrim Paths may change the itinerary if circumstances warrant it.
Pilgrim Paths cannot be held liable or financially responsible for illness, injury, or death incurred at any point during the trip. If travel is interrupted or the trip is forced to cancel due to labor strike, inclement weather, riot, national disaster, terrorism, or any other incident outside of the control of Pilgrim Paths, Pilgrim Paths cannot be held liable or financially responsible.
Release and Assumption of Risk: I understand and agree that during the tour in which I will participate, under the arrangements of Pilgrim Paths, certain risks and dangers may arise, including, but not limited to, acts of God, the hazards of the forces of nature (including but not limited to animal or insect bites), dangers and risks inherent in trekking activities (including but not limited to falls or injuries), and accident or illness in remote places without access to medical facilities, transportation, or means of rapid evacuation and assistance. Pilgrim Paths shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with any of the above, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel company’s control. Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for, and hereby releases the agent from any duty of, and all safety or security conditions at such destinations.
In consideration of, and as a part of the payment for, the right to participate in such treks, tours, expeditions, or other activities and as a part of the payment for, the services arranged for me by Pilgrim Paths and its agents, employees, associates, affiliated companies, or subcontractors, I do hereby expressly assume all of the above risks.