Reserve and register your pilgrimage
Getting started with Pilgrim Paths is easy. Once you’ve chosen your pilgrim itinerary and date there is a four-step process:
- Read the Terms and Conditions so you understand how our system works.
- Reserve your pilgrimage by making a 30% deposit of the per-person-double-occupancy cost. You can do this by check, money order, wire transfer or (with a service fee) by using our online portal. The single supplement fee will be invoiced later, if necessary.
- After you send in your deposit, plan to purchase travel insurance for your trip. We make it easy by working with highly-rated Allianz. You can find more information and get your rate quote here.
- Fill out the Reservation Form either online or by downloading the printable pilgrim-paths-registration-form. This provides us details of your name, address, passport data, and other important information. We follow up by contacting you and working with you directly on the preparations needed for your walk.
- By the date required, send in your final payment. Once we’ve received it we complete your booking, reserve your accommodations and get everything ready for your successful and enjoyable pilgrimage walk.
To pay your deposit by check, money order or wire transfer
A deposit of 30% is required in order to reserve your place. Costs are in Euros and are based on check, money order or wire transaction. The amount of each trip’s deposit is:
- Assisi to Rome (May 9-23, 2020) €861.00 deposit. Total price €2,870 ppdo, add €550 single supplement.
- Pamplona to Burgos (May 25 – June 4, 2020) €615.00 deposit. Total price €2,050 ppdo, add €500 single supplement.
- Florence to Assisi (June 6-22, 2020) €984.00 deposit. Total price €3,280 ppdo, add €600 for single supplement.
- Crossing the Alps (September 6-19, 2020) €949.50 deposit. Total price €3,165 ppdo, add €700 single supplement.
- Assisi to Rome (September 21 – October 5, 2020) €861.00 deposit. Total price €2,870 ppdo, add €550 single supplement.
- Assisi to Rome (October 6-20, 2020) €861.00 deposit. Total price €2,870 ppdo, add €550 single supplement.
Because we are headquartered in the U.S. we receive mail-in deposits in U.S. dollars (USD) only. Exchange rates vary on a daily basis, so please use the Google Finance currency calculator to determine the amount in dollars (USD) for your check, money order or wire transfer. Then send your check or money order to:
Pilgrim Paths, 18715 Olympic View Drive, Edmonds WA 98020 USA
You will receive a receipt in the mail. Make sure you’ve filled out the registration form and returned it to us by mail or completed the online registration form.
Please contact us for information about how to arrange a wire transfer. Thank you!
To pay your deposit online (U.S. and all other countries):
Pilgrims Paths uses the highly rated PayPal online payment portal which charges a fee of 2.9% on all credit card transactions. We pass this fee on to our online purchasers at our cost. For U.S. and other non-European countries the online store automatically converts your home currency into Euros for payment. The prices in Euros, including the online transaction fees are noted below. Click on the “Buy Now” button to make your instant reservation.
- Assisi to Rome (May 9-23, 2020) €885.97 deposit (includes PayPal service fee).
- Pamplona to Burgos (May 25 – June 4, 2020) €632.84 deposit (includes PayPal service fee).
- Florence to Assisi (June 6-22, 2020) €1,012.54 deposit (includes PayPal service fee).
- Crossing the Alps (September 6-19, 2020) €977.04 deposit (includes PayPal service fee).
- Assisi to Rome (September 21 – October 5, 2020) €885.97 deposit (includes PayPal service fee).
- Assisi to Rome (October 6-20, 2020) €885.97 deposit (includes PayPal service fee).
Fill out the Registration Form
Once your deposit has been paid you must register your pilgrimage with us. Register online here, or download and fill in the pilgrim-paths-registration-form and either email it or mail it to us. The Registration Form includes important questions about passport information, emergency contact numbers, and much more and must be completed no later than 90 days prior to departure.
After your registration form is received you will receive a packing list and guidelines for preparation. We will make a personal phone call to check with you on your training and other preparations and to offer advice as needed for travel arrangements to your starting point.
Make your final payment:
Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure and includes the remaining 70% of the “per person double occupancy” fee. The “single supplement” fee will be added if no roommate has been identified. An invoice will be sent no later than 120 days prior to departure. An online portal for final payments will be accessible by January 1, 2017.
Final payment amounts and due dates are:
- Assisi to Rome (May 9-23, 2020) €2,009 due February 9, 2020 (plus single supplement if applicable).
- Pamplona to Burgos (May 25 – June 4, 2020) €1,435 due February 25, 2020, plus single supplement if applicable.
- Florence to Assisi (June 6-22, 2020) €2,296 due March 8, 2020, plus single supplement.
- Crossing the Alps (September 6-19, 2020) €2,215.50 due June 8, 2020, plus single supplement if applicable.
- Assisi to Rome (September 21 – October 5, 2020) €2,009 due March 23, 2020, plus single supplement if applicable.
- Assisi to Rome (October 6-20, 2020) €2,009 due July 8, 2020, plus single supplement if applicable.
Terms and Conditions
At registration, all participants must affirm that they have read and understood the Terms and Conditions listed below:
Nature of Pilgrimage and Accommodations: Pilgrim Paths organizes religious and cultural travel itineraries in the pilgrimage walking tradition. Accommodations are based on double occupancy and these itineraries will utilize a range of accommodation ranging from pilgrim hostels where no hotel is available to 3-star hotels in larger cities.
Participant Responsibilities:As a member of a Pilgrim Path walking group you have responsibility to Pilgrim Paths and to other group members, including:
- Selecting a walk appropriate to your interests and abilities and being in sufficient good health and fitness to do the walk. If you have any medical or physical conditions that are likely to affect your capability to do this walk, or adversely affect the experience of other participants, you must submit a letter from your medical doctor stating that you are capable of participating in this walk.
- Preparing for your walk by reading all the information on the website and material sent to you by Pilgrim Paths, especially that relating to the daily walking stages, accommodation, transport and the role of the Group Leader.
- Respecting the other members in your group, especially the Group Leader, as well as the laws, customs, traditions and culture of the areas visited.
At the Group Leader’s discretion, a member may be asked to leave the group if the leader feels that the person´s further participation may be detrimental to other group members or to the individual.
Passports and Visas:Participants must carry with them a valid passport with the necessary Visa as required by local law. Any information from Pilgrim Paths regarding visa applications is only a guideline. The participant is responsible for all necessary visa and legal documentations, noting that European Union (Schengen) visa requirements apply and may vary depending on the country of origin.
Price:The published price per person includes ground transportation as published on the itinerary (from starting point to ending point of the walk only); luggage transfer service; lodging (per person at double-occupancy); breakfast each day and dinner most days; and the presence of a qualified tour leader. The price does not include airfare, lunch each day (estimate $15/day), occasional dinners out (approximately one out of three nights), recommended travel insurance, personal expenses, or anything not expressly stated on the itinerary. Tips for the tour leader and assistant are not allowed.
Payment Information:A deposit of 30% is required to secure a reservation and $500 is non-refundable but transferable to another Pilgrim Paths itinerary. The final payment is due 90 days prior to departure. Payment can be made by e-commerce site (with additional fees), personal check or money order. Trip prices and costs are listed in Euros and translation to other currencies is to be based on Google Finance conversion rates.
Cancellations: If a participant cancels 90 days or more before departure, all payments will be refunded except $500 of your deposit which is transferable to another trip with Pilgrim Paths adventure. If the cancellation is made fewer than 90 days before departure, the following non-refundable charges are added to the $500 withheld by Pilgrim Paths:
- 15% 31-90 days before departure
- 25% 15- 30 days
- 50% 8- 14 days
- 75% 4- 7 days
- 90% up to 3 days
- 100% at less than 3 days, no-show, interruption
These mandatory charges are included in order to cover the cost to Pilgrim Paths of subcontractors who have required advance payment in order to confirm bookings. Other terms and conditions may apply at registration.
Release and Assumption of Risk: I understand and agree that during the tour in which I will participate, under the arrangements of Pilgrim Paths, certain risks and dangers may arise, including, but not limited to, acts of God, the hazards of the forces of nature (including but not limited to animal or insect bites), dangers and risks inherent in trekking activities (including but not limited to falls or injuries), and accident or illness in remote places without access to medical facilities, transportation, or means of rapid evacuation and assistance. Pilgrim Paths shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any traveler in connection with any of the above, mechanical or construction failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, climatic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the travel company’s control. Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for, and hereby releases the agent from any duty of, and all safety or security conditions at such destinations.
In consideration of, and as a part of the payment for, the right to participate in such treks, tours, expeditions, or other activities and as a part of the payment for, the services arranged for me by Pilgrim Paths and its agents, employees, associates, affiliated companies, or subcontractors, I do hereby expressly assume all of the above risks.